<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13161585/?claim=88y4axsgut3″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
While I was playing with Distress Inks today I got this idea to make two tags, one that looked like it was 50 years old and found in an attic trunk and one that was new. I’ve used Distress Inks with techniques that age projects but hadn’t used the newer brighter colors to create vividness on my projects. I love the Picked Raspberry color – it’s so beautiful all by itself that I couldn’t bring myself to mix anything else with it on the new tag. I just barely edged the tag with black ink.
I used embossing powder on both tags and used the round ink applicator tool to get smooth color coverage. I also dyed the seam binding with the inks.
Which one do you like best? It took a lot longer to make the old looking one than it did to make the bright one!
So I finally finished this “simple” project. Many of the tutorials I watched said it only takes about 10 minutes. And maybe it would have if I had the same wire wreath. But no, I bought one that is different from the one I posted last Friday. ugh. I thought about taking a photo partway through but decided not to since I just wanted the dang thing done. It looks pretty bare but I needed to clean up all the lint or whatever that stuff is called that the burlap sheds. What a mess! I will put some decorations on it, just not sure what yet.
Hello and welcome to my new blog! I was having difficulty with the old one and decided to start fresh. Just a tiny change in the name – I went from the artsy cottage to one artsy cottage. After all, there are so many artsy cottages!
My header image is from spring and even though it’s now fall I think I am going to keep it for a while. It’s bright and cheery and the days are getting shorter and grayer so a bit of bright pink will be fun.
I started an about me page and it’s really short right now mostly just letting you know that I plan to share cards, scrapbook pages, and mini books. I hope you like what you see and are inspired!